Dental implants, All on 4 dental implants, implant dentures, single or multiple tooth implants…the list goes on and on when it comes to the various types of the country’s most wanted type of tooth replacement.
The demand for dental implants is experiencing an incredible boom and is expected to nearly double between 2014 and 2020. Is it merely a trend? The answer is no – dental implants of any kind have become the gold standard of tooth replacement for a reason. There simply is no match in modern dentistry when it comes to a natural look, a comfortable feel, utmost functionality, and – above all – patient satisfaction.
What are implant dentures?
Implant dentures sometimes represent an in-between solution in restorative dentistry. Sometimes referred to as fixed dentures, implant dentures are typically non-removable – although a removable version exists if you so desire. Be sure to talk to your prosthodontist or dental implant specialist to explore all possibilities and discover the advantages and disadvantages of the choices available to you!
Implant dentures consist of two or more dental implants that are strategically placed to achieve maximum support for the bridges that will cover any remaining gaps in the patient’s smile. While the dental implants (placed according to the usual protocol) build the cornerstones that firmly hold the implant dentures in place, bridges are used to fill in the blank spots.
Ultimately, your implant dentures will rest on two or more securely placed dental implants to help you speak, smile, and eat, like you did before any tooth loss happened at all.
What are the benefits of implant dentures vs. regular dentures?
While traditional dentures still maintain an important function in today’s dentistry, implant dentures eliminate a number of potential problems that typically occur with conventional dentures.
- Implant dentures are securely anchored in place by dental implants and won’t shift; meaning you can eat, speak and smile with confidence at all times
- Implant dentures look and feel more natural than traditional dentures
- Implant dentures won’t “crack” or cause discomfort under pressure – patients enjoy full chewing function and can once again experience their favorite foods
- Implant dentures usually come at a higher initial investment than traditional dentures but can last a lifetime with proper care
- Implant dentures are an investment in your personal self-esteem unlike any other tooth replacement option; they have the power to change lives in ways only confidence can, in areas of both personal and professional relationships
At Grand Parkway Smiles we understand that you have options when it comes to teeth restoration and replacement. It is our mission to provide you with the best professional advice possible to get you on the road to a confident smile.
Is there an implant dentures specialist in Richmond, TX?
Grand Parkway Smiles offers full-smile solutions, servicing any dental or oral health needs your family may experience. Implant dentures are part of our menu of services in an effort to accommodate any and all general, pediatric, endodontic, and cosmetic treatments our patients deserve and desire.
We are pleased to have a prostodontist that specializes in prosthodontics and dental implants. We are confident that his years of experience, superior education, and dedication to patient outcomes make him the best dental implant specialist in the Richmond and Houston, TX, areas.
Call us today to schedule your initial consultation! Dial (832) 222-0016!